Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Greetings from the MTC

Hello y'all Hello from the Missionary Training Center! Oh how I have missed the mountains and the brisk morning air... okay maybe it could be less cold but YAHOO! I'm finally here. Back up just one moment, Elder Ely... What's going on? Let me explain. For the last 19 years (more like 17) I have been preparing to serve a mission for our Savior Jesus Christ in The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints. My mission will be 24 months long (I like to think of it as 104 weeks) and I will be serving in the Mississippi Jackson area (from the MS-AL border to about Texarkana, TX)where I will be inviting others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. Originally this bog was going to be a way for me to share thoughts and experiences, keep in touch with friends and family without personally funding the United States Postal Service, and maybe post a poem or two (not likely). But just in the short time I have been here at the MTC it has been made known to me that this blog would achieve less than its potential purpose. In this great age where a message can be sent in less than a second and an idea can be seen by many in a moment, I want this blog to affect anyone who reads it. There still will be thoughts about the world and its functions, jokes and a poem, but I wish to inspire a change in your heart. I invite you to do two things: 1)Please read with an open heart and an open mind as I am not the greatest writer and 2)Please share this with anyone you believe will benefit from it. The plain and simple hope of my message is that I have had a mighty change of heart and it has brought me peace, reverence, understanding and joy, and I want to share that with you. I want to testify to you that the church Christ founded upon the earth during His mortal ministry has once again been restored to its full glory. That through Joseph Smith the Book of Mormon was translated not to replace the Bible; for nothing can replace the Bible, but to stand as another testament of Jesus Christ, that the powers that the prophets of the Old Testament and Jesus Christ and His Disciples had to bless and administer to the people is here again upon the earth and that through the redeeming Atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved. Elder Nathaniel Ely

No comments:

Post a Comment